2022 Nourish Awards
Timeline Nourish 2022
Entry phase: 4th January – 31st March, 2022
Judging: May – June | Shortlist announced: 30th June
Public Vote for People’s Choice Award: July – August
Award Presentation: TBA
Small Business: £95 / product – same product in more categories £45
Medium and Large Business: £180 / product – same product in more categories £90
ENTRIES OPEN FROM 4TH JANUARY – 31ST MARCH 2022
2022 Nourish Awards Entry Guide
Naturally free-from, low sugar & salt, clean ingredients & good nutrition
Welcome to the 5th Nourish Awards!
This year, there are 20 categories to enter; you can enter as many products as you like. Each product can enter into the maximum of 3 categories – there is a 50% discount on second and third categories for the same product.
Judges will be giving a score first to determine the shortlist (which will be announced on the 30th June) and in round 2 judging, they will determine the winners from the shortlist – giving Gold, Silver and Bronze awards to their favourite products. The winners will be announced in September.
Our judging panel includes expert nutritionists and nutritional therapists, chefs, free-from and food industry experts. Meet the judges
The Nourish Awards has been dubbed as the UK’s toughest health food awards. We are looking for products that provide a healthy or healthier alternative than similar products on the market.
We are looking for good nutrition, clean ingredients list, low sugar and salt; no artificial additives, no chemical sweeteners, artificial preservatives and flavourings; processing is kept to the minimum.
Free-from: we are looking for products that are naturally free from gluten however, oats are permitted. Dairy is permitted in some categories. Please check for category guidelines.
Sugar: we are looking for healthy alternatives in general, therefore we expect products to be low or lower (than alternatives) in sugar, OR free-from refined sugars and contain no chemical sweeteners. Stevia and sugar-alcohols are a popular choice amongst our entrants as well as fruit, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar or unrefined raw cane sugar. Our judges are also looking for the overall sugar content and “free-sugars” when comparing products.
BEST ORGANIC, BEST ETHICAL AND THE INNOVATION AWARD
All products are automatically entered into the Special Awards (Best Organic, Best Ethical and Innovation Award). The judges create the shortlist for the special awards from all entrants, the Special Awards are then judged at a separate judging event – showcasing products in their full packaging.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS
After the shortlist has been announced, we announce all finalists on our social media pages. Have your audience to vote on your products! It’s a great way to create social buzz and excitement and tell people that you are a finalist. People’s Choice Award goes to products that receive the highest number of public vote (this is separate from the professional judging and results are NOT combined).
- Must be a healthy option or provide a healthier alternative
- Check the individual categories for specific requirements. Most categories require products to be gluten free, dairy free and low or free-from refined sugars.
- Products must be fully developed and in production
- All products entered must be on sale (at retailers or online) and available for purchase (by consumers or distributors) in the United Kingdom by the 30th June 2022.
- Each entry is for a single specific product and flavour, not for product lines and product ranges.
- You may enter as many products as you like
- Products previously entered into the awards can re-enter again
- Entrants are responsible for sending the correct sample to the correct address
- Entrants are responsible to send the required quantity of samples for our judges to try
- No refund will be given to products that do not arrive on time; where incorrect product was sent or there were no sufficient amount of samples provided. These products will not be judged.
- No refund will be given for products that have been discontinued (after 31st March 2022) or samples are not available at the time of judging however, we may provide a discount for 2023 entry at our discretion
- All entry fees must be received by the organisers by the 15th April 2022. Entries not paid for by this date will not be judged.
- Products will be prepared according to the instruction on the retail packaging
- It is the responsibility of entrants to ensure that all samples sent are safe to consume and sent in chilled delivery (where required). The organisers reserve the right to discard any sample deemed to be unsafe to consume on arrival.
- We cannot accept products that require specialist equipment to prepare such as pizza oven, dehydrator, coffee machine, BBQ etc. Permitted equipment are a conventional oven, microwave oven, blender, gas or electric hob and a kettle. Chilled and frozen items are permitted.
If you have any questions, require help with the categories or any assistance please get in touch with Diana on 01453755123 or email email@example.com
Nourish Children Awards
You can enter into the Nourish Kids Awards using the same PRODUCT REGISTRATION FORM but you do NOT need to enter the main awards if you don’t wish to.
There are 6 categories to choose from
There are no specific requirements to enter the Kids Awards other than to provide a healthy option or alternative with lower sugar, salt and processing.
The timeline, entry process, judging and terms are identical to the main Nourish Awards. Winners will receive the Nourish Kids Awards logo and certificate and will be able to order Kids Awards labels.]
Products are not required to be nut free however, it can be a USP in any category. You can explain in the Product Information Form why your product is a great alternative.
Some examples and ideas :
- Suitable & easy enough for children to make (with parental help)
- Suitable for lunchboxes
- Suitable for school bakes & fairs (e.g. nut free)
- Suitable for sharing & kids parties
- Good source of vitamins & minerals
- Good source of healthy fats & protein
- Contains hidden veg
- Contains good bacteria
- Low sugar & low salt (or significantly lower than alternatives)
- Natural ingredients
- No artificial sweeteners, colours & flavours
- Creative element
2022 Nourish Awards Categories
GF- no gluten containing ingredients DF – no dairy containing ingredients, RSF – refined sugar free or LS – low sugar or lower than alternatives
- Tea, Coffee & Hot Drinks (GF, RSF)
- Health Drinks & Shots (GF, DF, RSF)
- Soft Drinks (GF, RSF or LS)
- Snacks & Food to go (GF, RSF or LS)
- Sports nutrition (GF, RSF or LS)
- Baked goods & baking mixes (GF, oats permitted, RSF or LS)
- Breakfast foods & drinks (GF, oats permitted, RSF or LS)
- Soup & Broth (GF, oats permitted, RSF or LS)
- Convenience & ready meals (GF, oats permitted, RSF or LS)
- High Protein & Collagen (GF, RFS or LS)
- Nutritional Supplements & Vitamins (GF, DF, RSF)
- Free-from all 14 allergens (GF, DF, RSF or LS)
- Meal kits & Recipe boxes (GF, LS)
- Chocolate, confectionery & Desserts (GF, RSF or LS)
- Raw, Sprouted & Superfoods (GF, DF, RSF or LS)
- Gut Friendly, Fermented & FODMAP friendly (GF)
- Cupboard essentials (GF, RFS or LS)
- Lower or Low Sugar & sugar free (GF, DF)
- Purely Plants (vegan) (DF, RSF or LS)
- Low Carb & Keto (LS)
Children Awards Categories
- Baby & Toddler Food
- Meals & Sacks
- Cupboard essentials
- Kits & Creative