2019 Nourish Awards
Entry Terms & Conditions
- The first stage of entry via our electronic registration form: https://nourishawards.org/enter-the-2019-nourish-awards/
- The second stage of entry – the product information form will be emailed to the email address given on the registration form after the entry was processed.
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to ensure that our email email@example.com is added to a safe senders list to avoid missing important information about the Nourish Awards
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to provide correct and accurate information regarding contact details, company and product names.
- A receipt will automatically be emailed to you upon payment, which will be followed by an invoice. If you did not receive this or require any changes to it please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can accept entries from producers directly, marketing or PR companies that represent a brand or producer or distributors who represent overseas producers and businesses in the UK.
- All entries must be commercially available online or at retailers by 30th September 2019
- No fresh produce is eligible to enter such as fresh vegetables and fruit.
- No products can be accepted that require specialist equipment to taste such as pizza oven, dehydrator, coffee machine, BBQ etc. Permitted equipment are a conventional oven, microwave oven, blender, gas or electric hob and a kettle. Chilled and frozen items are permitted.
- All entries must be free from MSG, aspartame, GMO ingredients, trans fats and artificial colours and flavours. All entries must be free from wheat and gluten – except for the ‘Wild Card’ category. All entries must be free from dairy and milk except for the ‘Dairy with a difference’ and ‘Wild Card’ categories.
- All entries must be free from refined sugars and artificial sweeteners. Refined sugar is permitted in some products and categories – please see individual category guidelines.
- Sugars and sweeteners that are permitted in all categories include: raw cane sugar, unrefined cane sugar, mascovado sugar, molasses, honey, maple syrup, maple sugar, dates, date sugar, date syrup, jaggery, dried fruit, fruit pure, evaporated cane juice, coconut sugar, coconut syrup, pomegranate molasses, monk fruit, lucuma, brown rice syrup, yacon syrup, agave syrup, xylitol, stevia, erythritol, sorbitol, maltitol, and mannitol.
- Sugars and sweeteners that are not permitted: refined sugar (small amounts permitted in exempt categories), sucralose, aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, Acesulfame-potassium any other refined sugars and artificial sweeteners.
- If the sweetener or sugar you are using is not on any of the lists please do get in touch on email@example.com
- The 2019 Nourish Awards will close for entry on the 1st April 2019.
- All Product Information Forms will be emailed to the entrant following the initial registration. They may be different forms for different categories.
- All Product Information Forms must be returned to us by 5th
- Each product can be entered into a maximum of 3 categories.
- Nourish Award organisers reserve the right to move products into a different category if the category selected by the entrant is incorrect and does not fulfil the entry criteria for that category.
- Any product that does not fulfil the entry criteria and includes gluten, wheat dairy or refined sugar where not permitted will be moved to the ‘Wild Card’ category.
- A payment, in full, is required at the Registration stage. Entry fees not paid in full will not be processed.
- There will be no refund given if a product needs to be withdrawn from the judging process after the registration has been confirmed by the organisers, however it is possible to replace the originally registered product to another.
- All products must be submitted for judging in their retail packaging.
- All products must include the use by date, ingredients and state allergens.
- A delivery date will be allocated to each entrant between April – August 2018 based on their categories. It is possible that a single product will have to be sent multiple times for judging if it’s entered into multiple categories and the product has a short shelf-life.
- Sample quantities required will be confirmed in writing with each individual entry.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure the promt and safe delivery of samples by the requested date. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the entry.
Shortlisting & Judging
- All products will be judged blind.
- Products will be judged based on their nutritional profile, taste, texture, innovation and quality of ingredients.
- Judging will take place between May and July and the Shortlist will be announced on the 30th
- Successful entrants will receive an email and a ‘Shortlisted’ Badge
- Public vote for shortlisted entrants will be open 1st July – 1st September 2018.
- Each category will be judged by a judging panel of 8-10 judges including nutritionists, professionals, health and free from food experts.
- Judges profiles will be published on our site.
- No products will be returned to entrants.
- There will be no information about which judge took part in judging what category.
- Any entrant approaching judges prior to the Awards Gala or attempt to discuss details of judging, other entries or results with organisers or judges will be disqualified.
- The final results and winners will be announced at the Nourish Awards Gala in September 2019.
- Winners will be presented with their certificate at the Gala, held at Cheltenham Racecourse in Gloucestershire.
- The Nourish Awards Gala is invitation only for entrants, their guests, press, media, judges and other industry professionals.
- The Gala includes a drinks receptions and a healthy free-from buffet with a selection of hot food. Tickets will be available to purchase to entrants and their guests. All entrants and 1 guest will be able to buy a reduced price ticket (£150 / pair / admits 2 people) and purchase further guest for £95 / person.
- Following the Gala, winners will receive their ‘winners’ badge to be used on packaging, online or at point of sale without altering the logo in any way.
- Feedback will be given to all shortlisted products following the Gala.
All entrants accept these Terms on completion of the Registration form.