2021 Nourish Awards
Entry Terms & Conditions
- The first stage of entry is via our electronic registration form: https://nourishawards.org/enter-the-2021-nourish-awards
- The second stage of entry, the Product Information Form (PIF), is to be completed by entrants following the written confirmation of their registration. A PIF must be completed for each product entered.
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to ensure that our email firstname.lastname@example.org is added to a safe senders list to avoid missing important information about the Nourish Awards
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to provide correct and accurate information regarding contact details, company and product names.
- A receipt will automatically be emailed to you upon payment, which will be followed by an invoice. If you did not receive this or require any changes to it, please email email@example.com
- We can accept entries from producers directly, marketing or PR companies that represent a brand or producer or distributors who represent overseas producers and businesses in the UK.
- All entries must be commercially available online or at retailers by 30th June 2021
- No fresh produce is eligible to enter such as fresh vegetables and fruit however meat and cheese is permitted.
- No products can be accepted that require specialist equipment to taste such as pizza oven, dehydrator, coffee machine, BBQ etc. Permitted equipment are a conventional oven, microwave oven, blender, gas or electric hob and a kettle. Chilled and frozen items are permitted.
- All entries must be in accordance with the entry criteria – please read the updated Categories & Entry Guidelines
- The 2021 Nourish Awards will close for entry on the TBC.
- All Product Information Forms will be emailed to the entrant following the initial registration.
- All Product Information Forms must be returned to us by 10th April 2020
- Each product can be entered into a maximum of 3 categories in addition to the Nourish Children Awards entry.
- Nourish Award organisers reserve the right to move products into a different category if the category, combine or split categories as they see fit after entries have closed.
- Any product that does not fulfil the entry criteria will be moved to the ‘Wild Card’ category. There will be no refund given.
- Any known conflict of interest with any of the judges must be disclosed to the organisers before the 10th April.
- A payment, in full, is required at the Registration stage. Only entries that are paid in full will be processed. All payments and PIF must be received by the organisers by the 5th May 2021.
- BACS payment are possible, please contact us for payment details.
- If the PIF is not received by 5th May 2021 we will not be able to arrange judging for the product. No refund will be given where we are unable to judge the product due to lack of information given.
- There will be no refund given if a product needs to be withdrawn from the judging process after the registration has been confirmed by the organisers, however it is possible to replace the originally registered product with another.
Sending us your samples
- Please do not send us samples outside of your delivery window or during the entry phase. All products will receive a delivery slot AFTER entries have closed (29th April) and the judging has been organised. The first product samples won’t be required until June.
- All products must be submitted for judging in their retail packaging.
- All products must include the use by date, ingredients and state allergens.
- Products must come with a use by date given on the PIF. Eg. if you give that the product self life is 2 months but the sample we receive will only have one week left of the shelf life the sample may not be used. Please ensure you send a sample with a shelf-life indicated on your PIF.
- A delivery date will be allocated to each entrant between May– July 2021. It is possible that a single product will have to be sent multiple times for judging if it’s entered into multiple categories and the product has a short shelf-life.
- Sample quantities required will be confirmed in writing with each individual entry. We usually ask for samples enough to be tried by 10 people.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure the prompt and safe delivery of samples by the requested date. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the entry.
- We will not be able to judge any product that does not arrive in its allocated time-slot, at the right place. Correct product flavour must be sent (the one entered). Sufficient amount of samples must be sent.
Shortlisting & Judging (TBC)
- Products will be judged based on their nutritional profile, taste, texture, innovation and quality of ingredients.
- Judging will take place between in June and the Shortlist will be announced on the 30th June 2021.
- Shortlisting will be based on the judges scores and the winners decided based on judges judges scores and ranking in each category.
- Successful entrants will receive an email and a ‘Finalist’ logo. Printed “finalist” labels can be ordered via our website.
- Public vote for finalists will be open 1st July – 1st September 2021. Public vote is NOT combined with professional judging.
- Each category will be judged by a judging panel of 6-8 judges including nutritionists, professionals, health and free from food experts.
- Judges profiles will be published on our site.
- No products will be returned to entrants following the judging. Where possible we will donate surplus foods to local food charities.
- There will be no information published about which judge took part in judging which category.
- Any entrant approaching judges following the judging or prior to the Awards Gala in an attempt to discuss details of judging, other entries or results with organisers or judges will be disqualified.
- Judges are requested to sign an NDA and disclose any conflict of interest they know of.
- Judges are asked to provide feedback electronically for each product, score the entries 1-5 (where 5 is the best) and rank the entries of each category they judge in order of preference.
- Feedback will be provided following the Nourish Gala in September.
Results & Gala (TBC)
- The final results and winners will be announced at the Nourish Awards Gala in September 2021 (24th September, 2021)
- In 2021 we will hold a virtual, interactive Nourish Gala – similarly to the 2020 event.
- Following the Gala, winners will receive their ‘winners’ badge to be used on packaging or online without altering the logo in any way. Additional items such as labels can be ordered via our website.
- Winners will also receive a PR Kit to maximise the opportunity of the award win.
- Feedback will be available to all shortlisted products following the Gala upon request.
The organisers reserve the right to make changes to the Terms & Condition at any time without notice.
All entrants accept these Terms on completion of the Registration form.